About Me

My photo
Sedgeberrow, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Breeding and Selling Quaility Huacaya & Suri Alpacas.

Thursday 24 November 2011

Revamping out Website with a "Gifts for Sales" Page!

I decided to have a computer day and I really don't know where today has gone!!  It was about time to up-date our website and add some items for sale.  I can't believe how long it is taking!!  Still have quite a bit to do.

But here is a peek preview.

http://www.cotswoldvalealpacas.co.uk/specialgiftsforsale.html

I can't believe how mild the weather is, this time last year we were covered in loads of snow!!

November 2010

What a difference this year is!!

November 2011 - I know its a bit dark, but it was first thing this morning when the sun was beginning to rise, it hasn't stayed out all day but it was beautiful to see.

And I just have to put this picture on the blog, it was so funny.

This is two of our stud males, while I was feeding the horses the dogs were happily sat waiting for me when I turned around I caught Ewen chancing his luck and trying to mount Angel !!  poor boy must be desperate and Angel wasn't too impressed either!

All the girls are now grazing down by the barn so I can see them through the window, and OMG I have just spotted a naughty weanling feeding from her mum!!  Naughty, naughty girl, she has only been back in with mum for a few weeks and this is the first time I have seen this, I did think she was getting quite big!  So don't know how long she has been doing it!!

This is mum's first cria so obviously don't know any better, mum is (or we hope she is still) pregnant and due to give birth early April, her condition seems ok, but what am I going to do?  I don't have any other cria ready to be weaned, I can't put out with the other weanling because he is now out with yearlings (and I certainly can't put her out with them)  oh what am I going to do?

Always something to worry about!

2 comments:

Judi said...

You'll just have to give that weanling a good taliking to, although she may not actually be getting any milk as it is likely that mum's milk will have dried up during the time they were apart. She may just be going under for comfort.

These alpacas certainly keep us on our toes...always something to worry about eh?! Our latest issue is a large cria stealing milk from the mother of a slow-growing little cria...that mum too is a maiden, they can be far too tolerant!

Cotswold Vale Alpacas said...

Judi they certainly do keep us on our toes, that's a hard one for you, I was always told alpacas wont accept other females cria feeding from them, but I have one that had been feeding her cria and someone else, she was a maiden too. But its very difficult when their own cria is slow-growing you can't really don't want another cria pinching all the milk!! But again very difficult to stop!!