About Me

My photo
Sedgeberrow, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Breeding and Selling Quaility Huacaya & Suri Alpacas.

Thursday 2 June 2011

Shearing

Well the shearing is all done, we had a great day. The shearers were brilliant as always, quick, caring and efficient.

Its not a day I enjoy, watching the alpacas stretched out on the mats, but I know it has to be done and its the kindest way to do it. And once its all over they all seem to settle down very quickly.

Although it didnt rain, we did have a bit of a wind problem (of course thats weather wind not personal wind!!) but being in the barn worked well. It all went a lot smoother with the help of my brilliant Sister Anne and her husband Andy, as it cant be quite frantic at times keeping up with the shearers!!

We also had some lovely people come to watch the big event, some lovely ladies from the Walsall Spinners, who went home with some lovely fleece hot of the alpacas backs lol and some very happy and keen proud new owners of three lovely boys, who also went home with their boys fleeces hot of their backs.

Here's a couple of photos kindly send to me by my visitors, I was so busy, although I had the camera handy, just didnt have time to stop and take photos.

I was a bit worried the next day, as it rained all day!! and the poor alpacas had no coats on!! I wanted to go out and put little rugs on them, but didnt have enough lol.

But on Tuesday, they were all very happy to have no fleece on as it got very hot again.



So thats important date number 1 over, now to important date number 2 - Open day!!

Ginnie

No comments: