About Me

My photo
Sedgeberrow, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Breeding and Selling Quaility Huacaya & Suri Alpacas.

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Midgey is Home

Yesterday morning I got the phone call I had been waiting for from the vet to say Midgey could come home.  I went to collect her at mid-day, she was pleased to see me and greeted me with her cuddly toy we had taken in to keep her company over the weekend.  All seems to be well, she is still a little weak, but the vet thinks she will make a full recovery, which is brilliant.

But I did go into shock when they gave me the bill!!  When we first went to the vets on Thursday after diagnosing what was wrong I told it would cost £480 for the operation and associated costs, but if there were any problems and she required further care and medication it would be closer to £650/£700.  But the final bill was £888.61, my heart missed a beat and the reception could see the shock on my face!  Oh dear!!

Midgey was very happy to be coming home and happily sat on the passenger seat next to me on the drive home, the other dogs were so happy to see her, all sniffing her all over and wagging their tails.

Still feeling very tired from the whole experience she settled into her bed in the mobile, the other girls not too impressed as they look through the patio dogs at her, but I tell them she needs her rest.


She slept most of the day, just waking for some tea and a call of nature out in the garden, again being fussed over by the other three dogs.  She had a good night and happily trotted out for her call of nature this morning, she ate her breakfast, but wasn't too impressed with me stuffing her tablets down her throat, which she managed to sneak back out from the side of her mouth!!  So I had to be clever and mix it in with some cat food, got ya!

Here she is in her bed, smiling at me, oh midgey we have missed that smile lol



Its very cold here today, and the fields are still white from the frost, so I think its a day in front of the telly knitting and staying warm for me and Midgey today.

I do love being able to sit and look out over the fields, we have had lots of bird visitors in the fields over the last week or so, including some Starlings, Fieldfares and Red-wings.  With a couple of birds of prey, which I don't know what they are and just can't get close enough to get photos!

But I did manage to get a couple of the Red-wings.



They all seem to like the alpaca poo areas, there must be lots of juicy worms and bugs hiding under the alpaca poo.

So we are now on a positive note and are looking forward to the coming spring and cria births.




2 comments:

Inthesky said...

Oh well done Midgey, what an adorable little smile. She looks worth every penny. xxx

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Lovely to see Midgey back home...safe and sound...and that vet bill is huge ! the prices they charge are scary !! at that rate they'll be needing to do HP !...recovery now for the patient and lots of spoiling...and a speedy recovery.......Jayne